I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes.

12:02 PM

Well, the world didn't end. That is a good thing, because 2013 is going to be a good year for us. I just know it.

We moved. We are renting a cute little townhouse in Provo. It is cold, there are boxes everywhere and I can't find anything I need. But it already feels like home. It is exactly where we need to be right now. Our heater is broken, I am blaming that for my laziness. It is too cold to get out from under this blanket and off of my big fluffy couch, so I'm blogging instead of unpacking. I am really excited to make a home out of this place. We can paint, we can hang stuff on the walls and I will have a lot more spare time... I'm so excited to decorate.

I quit my job. I'm kind of freaking out. 3 1/2 years ago I stopped going to school and started working full time. Mostly because I wanted to make sure Graphic Design was something I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I soon found out, it wasn't. I enjoy it, but it puts the kind of pressure on me that I know I couldn't handle all day, everyday for the next 45 years. I am creative and I have a good eye for design... but I don't like being paid to be creative or someone telling me how to be creative. I just don't. Anyways, it took me a long time to figure out what I wanted to do with my life. Once I figured it out, money was what stopped me from going back to school. Not necessarily the lack of if, but the fear of the lack of it. I get stressed when money is tight, and I'm not good at budgeting. I suck at it. Not having two incomes is going to be rough, but it will be worth it.

I am going back to school to be a teacher. Elementary Education. I had my first class last night. It was a math refresher course (haven't taken math for almost 7 years! help me!) At first I was sort of surprised at how quickly it came back to me, but then again, I've always been good at math. :) One more refresher course tonight, then real classes start Monday! eek!

The original purpose of this post was for me to write out some goals for 2013. But most of my goals are related to my news, so I thought I'd better fill you in first. Now that I've written the news, I think my time will be better spent unpacking my closet.


You Might Also Like

1 comments