One year.

11:57 PM



Marriage is the best thing in the world. I love it so much. It is awesome to find someone that you can spend every waking moment with and not get sick of. Dan is the wow-butter to my jelly, the general tso to my chicken.

No, but really. He has become a part of me, that I never even knew I needed. He knows me better than I know myself. We went to St. George & Vegas for a little weekend getaway this weekend, I surprised him with it and I had a few other little things planned for him. He got me a DSLR (told you I loved him) and I couldn't really compete with that. So since the 1st year anniversary theme (we're nerdy like that) is paper, I printed off all his gifts & put them in envelopes so he would have to open them before we did them. For example, the address to the condo we stayed in, then the tickets to Aladdin at Tuachan. Anyways, so we were about to go to vegas to do a little shopping for Dan & I told him we needed to get the last envelope. So he goes and grabs it and sits on the bed, meanwhile I'm checking the battery on my new camera and he thought I was getting it ready to take a picture of him & so he opened the envelope. I looked up and panicked, because I suck, and I kind of sort of yelled/snapped at him because he wasn't supposed to open it yet. Then I just started bawling. Um hello, over reacting? It was a picture of a dang hamburger. Who cares. But I had this whole thing planned that we would shop and then he would be so tired and hungry and then I would say, but wait, one more surprise!! and then he would open the envelope and there would be a picture of that huge 2 lb hamburger with 4 patties & 20 slices of bacon that we saw on Man vs. Food and he would love me forever for remembering. Then we would go eat it. So anyways, here I was crying my eyes out over the fact that I wasn't going to be able to surprise him, or was it PMS? Or am I just a freaking beyotch? and he just came over and hugged beastly old Michelle & told me it was ok that I snapped. Because he knew that was why I was crying, because I felt bad for snapping. I didn't even know that. See how perfect he is for me?!!

So here I am, thinking about the past year. There were ups, there were downs, I got chubby, then got skinny, then I got chubby again. haha. And I honestly wouldn't change a thing. The ups brought us closer together, the downs just make us realize how much we need each other. We ended up together by chance, the right place, the right people, the right time (thanks Tiff!!) And I know I couldn't have found anyone better. Cheers to the past year, and here's to many, many more. I love you Dan!!

You Might Also Like

2 comments