34.5 Weeks

4:05 PM


I had my second non-stress test today (btw, I learned it is called a NON-stress test, not just a stress test.) and it went really well. Baby has been really active the last few days (thank goodness) and it has helped my stress go down a lot. The only thing that didn't go great at the NST was that my blood pressure was higher than normal. Dan says how could it not be when I'm basically on death watch?? Seriously though, this monitoring movements isn't very fun. I asked the doctor at the place I do the NST's at and she said that the standard for colestasis is to deliver the babies between 37-38 weeks. I haven't talked to my doctor yet, but it sounds like I might be having this baby a few weeks earlier than expected. Which is a little overwhelming because I don't feel like I have everything ready, because well... I don't. The nursery isn't done, my hospital bags aren't packed, stuff like that. The nursery I'm not too concerned about, I went and bought the bare minimums... Diapers, wipes, pacifiers and blankets. I have been waiting on other things because I'm not sure what I'll get at my showers since I decided not to register. Could have been a mistake, but here is my reasoning: 1- I've never had a baby before, so I have no idea what I really need or what is a waste. I feel like if I'm not registered for something, but someone still gets it for me, it is because they have used it before and it is awesome. 2- For my wedding I registered for some really dumb stuff and didn't end up using it. My favorite presents were things I hadn't registered for. Seriously, how was I supposed to know I needed a rice cooker/slow cooker combo?! It is now my 3rd most used appliance. 3- If people don't know what to get me, maybe they will get me an adorable outfit and at least have fun picking it out while they are dying over all the teeny-tiny, adorable baby clothes. 4- I already have most of the big ticket items that would usually be given as group gifts. 5- Quite frankly, with the UTI and now this I didn't have a lot of energy and I was extremely overwhelmed at the thought of wandering around Buy Buy Baby for 3 hours scanning shiz.

Anyways, the point of the post... I could possibly/will probably be a mom this time 3 weeks from now. I can't believe it.

You Might Also Like

1 comments